Terradillos de Esgueva was mentioned in the ‘cartulary’ of San Pedro del Arlanza on the 27th of April 1054. According to the Book of the Behetrías, the village belonged to the Lordship of San Pedro in the XV century.
Today the population does not reach 100 inhabitants and its most prominent historical heritage is the Catholic church with a Romanesque façade from the end of the XII century. Two side chapels were added, forming the shape of a Latin cross. Inside was modified during the Gothic period and it was adorned with Moorish paintings of plant, geometrical, shields, human heads and bird motifs.
Routes to carry out in the Ribera of Duero
Abadía La Arroyada Winery