The village is located 14 Km from Aranda de Duero, on the right-hand bank of the River Gromejón. The visitor will not only find tranquility, but will also be surprised by the way in which the traditions are practiced, like the celebration of Holy Week, and the production of typical products.
In the XII century it was of royal status (that was not owned by any lord and depended directly on the king), but in 1190, Alfonso VIII of Castile, transferred it to the Monastery of Santo Domingo de Silos in exchange for some land of the Tordesillas Order.
The parish church is dedicated to Santiago Apóstol and is found in the Main Square. The church is of Renaissance style with a transition towards the Baroque period. The portico dates back to the year 1633. In the upper part of the tower, a clock with a brick façade is located. It bears no relation to the church.
There are two chapels: one is dedicated to la Virgen de los Olmos, it is in good condition, near the wine-presses and the second is dedicated to Santa Ana, located in the cemetery. The heart of the village’s development is in the east, giving rise to a new recently built neighbourhood called El Salegar. In the west, the wine cellars and wine-presses of co-ownership can be found.
The main sector of the area is the wine-making sector. There are eight renowned wineries:
This rustic house is officially registered as a Rural Tourism Centre and can sleep up to 23 people and it is always reserved by room and not completely: there are two single rooms, five double rooms and five twin bed rooms.