The River Pilde flows through this village that is 34 Km from Burgo de Osma, it also has a plain of 3 Km. In the aforementioned plain there is a part dedicated to the cultivation of cereal, a part for the vineyards and a small area of vegetation full of rockrose, kermes oak, holm oak and juniper.
The parish church of San Román pays homage to the patron saint of the village by means of an altarpiece of Pedro del Castillo. Moreover, it also enjoys two chapels:
Moreover, it is worth visiting the recently reformed Casa de la Villa, which shows cultural aspects and likewise, its popular architecture directly connect to the winemaking work of the village: wine cellars, traditional chicken runs, wine-presses and windmills.
Between Alcoba de la Torre and Alcubilla de Avellaneda one can find the ‘Camino de los Moros’ (Moors Path) which is a Roman track 6 metres wide and 30 cm high which has a heavy stone on the upper part.
Initially, it was built as a 10 metre tall tower made of squared stonework. Later, the enclosed area, the patio and the towers of the corners were built. It is protected by the Declaración del Decreto (Decree Declaration) of the 22nd of April 1949 and Law 16/1985 Spanish Historic Heritage.
Finally, this fantastic village stands out by forming part of the Camino del Cid (Path of Cid).
It accommodates on its extensive site, a Stock of 2,300 Barrels (70 % American Oak and 30 % French Oak), Meeting Rooms, Auditoriums for professional wine tastings, Function Rooms and a Shop.
The old Convent of San Francisco in the village of San Esteban de Gormaz, is nowadays an inn that has been perfected with care, respecting the original stone and wood.