First shown as a temporary exhibition in 1998 about The Railway in the Aranda´s Cultural Centre (Casa de Cultura) curated by Francisco Andrés Vicente. It attracted 10,500 visitors.
Successfully tested, in 1998, the Arandina Friends of the Train Association moved into Chelva Station to celebrate 150th Anniversary of Spanish Railways.
An unusual stone building in French style, it began operation in 1895, on the Valladolid to Ariza line. In 1968 it connected with the important Madrid to Burgos line, but sadly closed on 31st December 1984.
In front of the station is the restored Gmnider Locomotive (donated by the Aranda Sugar Beet factory), an old maintainance wagon, and two locomotives, La Ceramica and RENFE 10321. In the museum, displays include uniforms, signals, insignias, antique tickets, signal controls, models etc.
Open: Every Saturday: 11.00-14.00. First weekend every month: Saturday 11.00-14.00 & 17.00-20.00. Sunday: 11.00-14.00
Guided tours: 11.30 on open days.