The village is located in Valladolid. The chapel of Santo Cristo de la Vega sounds out in its historical heritage. Made from stone and covered with a plasterwork dome, an image of Holy Christ is kept inside.

The village is 23.12 Km² and is inhabited by 137 residents. Its patron festivals are celebrated on the 25th of August, but in May, they also pay tribute to San Juan Ante Portam Latinam and in September tributes are paid to Cristo de las Eras (Christ of the Ages).

This village has been part of the Designation of Origin Ribera del Duero since 2003, as there was radish in the Neolithic epoch. Two Km from the village there are archeological sites from 1200-800 AD.

Economically the village lives off dry land farming and rural tourism, with there being three country cottages. Not long ago, a resident established a catering company called ‘Cocina de Charo’.

The village was known as ‘Las Aldehuelas’ or ‘Torre las Aldehuelas’ in the Medieval Period. In 1889 its Town Hall and primary school were restored.

Located in the San Bernardo district, one can enjoy a priviledged position in the middle of River Duero valley, far away from the N-122 road to some degree. The village is located to the right of the river, which provided it with part of its name.

The village is located in the middle of Cuco Valley, its civil and religious buildings are traditional and made from Stone.